Saturday, December 29, 2012

October 9- Leaving for Canada!

We had two flights with a changeover in Amsterdam Schipol. My girls were wonderful. The worst thing about the trip was that Eloisa had pooped through her clothes even before we got through security in Helsinki...and it was everywhere!! hahahaha So she was in her reserve outfit (not nearly as cute) even before leaving the country. I had to hope for the best for the rest of the trip because there were no more changes.

When one is asleep, the other is awake...that theme carried on

trying out her bed on the intercontinental flight

Asleep

holding on...still unsure about this "floating" bed

asleep

Sleeping after her nosebleed (hence the toilet paper next to her)

KLM bunkbeds


Our trip to Canada was great, the flight over was pretty easy. As it was just me and the girls I was quite nervous but Isabella was fantastic and so was Eloisa. Bella was so helpful. We had to fly to Amsterdam first and then to Vancouver. I must have looked really funny (and I wish that I had got a photo) because I had the two girls and two carry-ons (which is nothing since I had 3 on the way home) and a stroller. So most of the time in Amsterdam airport I had Eloisa in her babybjorn and my backpack on...then I had Bella's pink rolling suitcase in the stroller and poor Bella had to walk. We had almost 5 hours in Schipol airport and it was so great that we found a play area where she was able to play with other kids.
Once on the second plane we were lucky because Eloisa was able to get a bulkhead bassinet which gave us lots of leg room. At one point both the girls were sleeping and Bella was on the floor under Eloisa's bed and it looked like they were in bunk beds. Although I wasn't able to sleep myself, mostly because it was a day time flight, there were moments of peace. At one point Bella got a nosebleed which lasted about 10 mins and was a little heavy but another lady offered to hold Eloisa for me (she had many admirers because she was so well behaved). I think that she was happy with that situation because she fell asleep on the stranger's arm :-) Just a few days before we left for Canada Bella had discovered the Alice in Wonderland DVD that I had bought her a while ago and loved it. Luckily they had it in the in-flight entertainment system and she watched it twice on the way to Vancouver.

No comments: