Sunday, August
12
Isabella,
Eloisa and I went to Aleksi’s birthday today-he turned 4. It was at
an indoor adventure park called Huimala. It was so noisy and hot inside it was
quite uncomfortable but the kids loved it. Eloisa was a star and slept most of
the time. Taneli came near after he finished his golf competition. Which
apparently he won…and what he won is a fabulous week in the Bahamas…NOT…he
won a spot in another golf competition! Just what we all need. Bella got to try out her driving skills.
Monday, August
13
Eloisa
finally got her crib. I managed to put it all together outside while she was
sleeping inside then Taneli and I carried it inside. I only put three sides on
so that I can push it on the side of the bed to make a little area that is hers
but at the same level as my bed. This should help with spacing and with the
worry of not smothering her with my duvet!
Tuesday, August
14
She slept
in her crib last night and all seems to have gone well. Although for the last
stretch of sleep she slept in her rocking chair since she has had a stuffy nose
for a while which makes it hard for her to sleep laying flat. And today Eloisa
and I went to visit my work colleagues to introduce her to them or them to
her…whichever you prefer. She was herself, no airs or graces put on there! She
howled a little, she sucked her hand ferociously, and she won them all over. It
was good to see everyone again and to hear that nothing has changed…but I have
just been gone for the summer months so far when no one in Finland
actually works. The only news I got that was disconcerting was that a new
director for marketing and communications has been appointed. Only
disconcerting because she make me feel like I have slept my life away.
Apparently she is 36 years old, has 4 kids and has written a book. OMG…what
have I been doing with my life?! Apparently sleepwalking through it!
Wednesday, August
15
What a bad
night! Poor Eloisa has a cold and it seemed at first that it might be something
more serious as she was having bouts of having a hard time breathing but I
think that it was just some nasal fluid dripping in her throat making her have
a hard time. It was really bad in the night but seems to have settled a little
now. We were still up around midnight! Now she is out like a light and snoring.
I am not sure when I will have time to make all these brownies and cupcakes for
Restaurant Day on Sunday…I think that I may have a couple of late nights.
Yikes…even less sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment