Sunday, December 30, 2012

October 9-14 in Vancouver



Once we got to Vancouver it got even funnier...because we then added two suitcases and a car seat to our haul. We looked kinda like a we were hauling the entire plane's luggage. We were able to balance it all on one trolley luckily. Although at that point Bella really wanted to be pushed in the stroller. But there was no one to push her :-( Andrea was there to pick us up...yippee. It had been over a year since we had seen her last. As cheerful and wonderful as ever she helped me guide my brood and my mountain of stuff towards her car.
Over the following days we walked into a TV show being shot (at the hotel we stayed in). And apparently there was a famous guy...who I didn't know but have since googled! hahaha. We met up with my friend Joanne who also has produced two children since I last saw her in the UK. At that time I was pregnant with Isabella as we travelled from Scotland to Finland to prepare for her birth (Isabella's not Joanne's). When we met up with her and her two kids (Wilden and Annabella) we went to Krause Berry Farm which has a pumpkin patch and a barley maze. The kids loved running around the barley maze and luckily it wasn't too tall so we could see the tops of their heads as they raced around. It was chilly though. I wasn't expecting the cold weather although I should have; it was mid October! But we had fun and it was great for Bella to play with some kids and for me to see Joanne.
Fantastically we also were able to meet up with Michelle and John and their two boys...which she has again had since I saw her last. The last time I saw Michelle and John was when Isabella was 5 months old! They live in Ottawa but just happened to be visiting BC at the same time. I was so happy that we were able to make it work to see each other. We were in the same place for 3 days and we were able to see each other on each of those three days even with all their other committments. It was great. Bella got to meet and play with more kids. We also went to a party at the house of someone that I went to high school with (although he was the year ahead and I didn't really know him). But also at the party was the wife and kids of another high school friend (but unfortunately, he wasn't able to make it). It was weird to think that our kids were playing together...made me feel strangely old.



















Finally the end of our time came around in BC and we headed (on another plane) to Alberta! We flew to Calgary where my mom and Jackie were waiting for us. Just a short 1 hour flight...which is nothing for my flight-hardened kids. Bella slept and Eloisa smiled...




No comments: