Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bella's 2nd Birthday Party

We were so lucky that almost everyone we expected at Bella's party was well. There has been so much sickness- swine flu and the regular flu- that it really was a miracle that they could all come. We had Bella's birthday on the 22nd of November since we were away in Vierumaki for her actual birthday weekend which I last blogged about. The party was a great success. I decided that we would have a Dora theme, for obvious reasons. When I set up for the day I put the few decorations up while Bella was taking a nap. When she woke up, as always, she was a little groggy and she was fascinated by the new Dora stuff around the apartment. She just kept walking up to it and pointing and softly saying "Dora".

I did make the cake and I am glad that I did but I am not sure that I will put myself in that position again! It was hard work! Bella really enjoyed have food that she could just graze on. She really like the pretzels and I think that she even managed to eat a carrot or two. Since Natu was here she had someone her own age to play with and she had 2 Aunties and 3 cousins around. Jaana and Leo were also able to make it.


Bella got her first real doll and has enjoyed giving it some milk. This is a doll that when you give it real water, it will pee. Luckily it came with a potty although we have yet to try this function. Seems like a lot of work to me!

No comments: