We took a long weekend for Bella's birthday and rented the cabin owned by my work again. This time it didn't go as smoothly as it did the first time as instead of Taneli playing golf, he was sick with a fever all weekend. Then by the end of the weekend (ie yesterday) Bella got a fever too! Hers was higher than Taneli's and seems to have peaked at 39.3! I have been a little worried about it- I sure hope that it isn't swine flu. Taneli decided that one thing that would make Bella feel better would be to buy her a recorder...please note that he is not home with her today...he got to go to work!

So as for the photos, I put the first one here that was taken about a week or so ago but I thought that it would be interesting to see her compared to Vernita since I haven't done that comparison for a very long time! She certainly has grown a lot since then.




We opened her gifts the day before her birthday, on Saturday, so that she would be able to play with them longer and entertain herself better. But we made her cupcakes on Sunday. Bella also 'helped' me to make these cupcakes (not a culinary triumph to say the least but we were at a cabin). She sure liked the little hearts and teddy bears on them though.

One thing that she was able to do there was to watch tv while she ate. Not something that I would normally let (or would be physically possible in our house) but it was a special weekend.

By the last day, Taneli was feeling ok enough to play a little with Bella and here he is scaring her as he hid behind the door...you can see her in mid-flee...


Bella also had some fun with the mirrors...she wasn't bored at all!!! As you can see from the last photo here of her waiting by the front door...poor her!
I have added a couple of compilation videos...meaning that they are a couple of videos stuck together for convenience sake. The first one is so funny. She has taken to turning off the bathroom light with the comment, "oh, its dark in there"... and then she is saying that it isn't her birthday. This is from one episode of Dora where they have to find out whose birthday it is and they ask everyone if it is their birthday (I didn't know any of this until I said to Bella a few days before her birthday and I told her it was her birthday soon and she said "it's no birthday"-meaning, "it's not my birthday"). I nearly fell over laughing...then I figured out that it was from Dora...so funny. She denied her birthday all weekend! In the video, again, she learned the birthday song from Dora, since in that same episode they found out which characters birthday it was and then sing to him. Happy Birthday Bella!
2 comments:
Those cupcakes look delicious! So, yeah, Happy Birthday Bella! <3 When is the bd party again? Saturday or Sunday? I'm planning on coming to Helsinki for 1 or 2 days this weekend. I'm busy and there's a lot to do, but I think I've earned a break!!! :) - very very cute pictures of Bella. I can't wait to see her and hear her talk!! It really feels like we just celebrated her first bd yesterday! And now she's 2!
-Katriina
She is so darn BIG! It seems like yesterday that she was the same size as Vernita! I miss you guys. Smooch Bella for me.
xoxo
Andrea
Post a Comment