Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Back in Finland

Looking at the bear before leaving Prince George Airport .


So we arrived back safe and sound. I cannot believe how good Isabella was...I don't think that I was even as good as she was! We were travelling for 22 hours (and three flights) and she didn't cry once. Did you hear that folks...not ONCE! She was the dream child. You should have seen the face of the 17 year old that was seated next to us on the main 9 hour flight when he saw us...priceless (especially since his Mom was in the Business class fully reclining seats). Luckily of the 9 hours, she slept for 7 hours straight in her bassinet AND I had to wake her up an hour before we landed so that she could eat. I didn't want the grumpies setting in as we were walking through the airport trying to find our next gate. She was cooing as we walked around the airport and wooing strangers with her smiles. She sure knows how to work a room! Even one as big as an airport...even the security guards stopped to talk to her...and take our photo! It was so funny because in Frankfurt I had to take her out of the baby carrier and put it through the scanner, thus making me carry her through the metal detector. That was fine, but on the other end I had to put the baby carrier back on...not possible while you are actually holding the baby. So I put her into one of the 4 plastic boxes they had to use for my laptop, plastic baggies of liquids, formula, jacket, baby carrier, and finally the actual 2 pieces of carry-on luggage. They thought it was so cute that one of the guards stopped a couple of others doing the scanning and she took the time to take our photo. That was nice.

On the last flight to Helsinki, we were lucky enough to have an extra seat next to us. So Isabella had somewhere to settle down to sleep other than my arms. Good for both of us really. Overall it was a tough slog but it went far better than I could have hoped! We are both adjusting to the time change...and again, I think that Isabella is doing a better job than me.

No comments: