Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Road Trip






The evening before the road trip to Kuopio (about 4.5 hours driving north from Helsinki) we had a few friends over for a house-warming party. Since we had finished more work on the apartment since a couple of them had been before. It was also a chance for a few people who hadn't met Isabella to do so. She was charming as usual. She even had a new party dress. I don't think that I have ever been around so many children at once all my life! There were two 10 month olds and a three year old. Doesn't sound like much...but in a house that isn't baby proof, it is enough. It was a good evening.

As for the road trip...it was Isabella's first long road trip. And as usual fir most babies in a car, she pretty much slept the whole way...although we did stop a few times so that she could stretch her legs. On this trip Isabella was able to meet her two Finnish great-grandmothers. Although I am not sure that the trip was entirely successful as her sleeping and demeanour changed because of the trip. She seems to cry more this past couple of days and be more unsettled. But I am hoping that she will get back on track soon. Last night was good she ate at 10pm and then didn't wake up until just about 6am! Fabulous!

No comments: