Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Christening





Well last night was a rounding success if I do say so myself. Isabella was the perfect child...in fact I do believe she missed 99% of everything because she only opened her eyes for only a few brief minutes...she even went more than 5 hours without eating to achieve the title of "perfect child". I even pulled out her soother for photos at one point and she didn't even open an eye for that! She waited until the last guest had left before she opened her eyes and asked politely for food :-) What a darling.

Everyone seemed to have a good time and it was nice to see many people that we don't see so often. Isabella was able to meet more relatives, including her other grandparents. Even that couldn't bring her out of her slumber. All three of her cousins were there causing havoc and even with all that noise and she just kept sleeping... so have you got the point that she slept a lot yet?

It was unfortunate that only one of her godparents was there but they were all mentioned. Jaana is one Godmother (she is in the lovely pink shirt in the second photo). Tuomas (Taneli's brother as seen in a previous entry) will be the one and only godfather- no pressure there- and Michelle (my friend in Canada) will be her second godmother.

The third photo is of us and Taneli's parents. And the last one is of Taneli and two of his sisters (one of the few photos with her eyes open). I would add more photos but there are too many of them with double chins...mine, not Isabella's! hahaha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She truly was The Princess! Perfect and polite and very interested of the message deep down- I noticed :)

Also food was too good. Oh God, I thought also there. Very nice new and just renovated kitchen; your au-pair (if you get one) would be lucky.

Pam, maybe you correct my sweet pink shirt in picture #2: there seems to be something extra under the shirt - not me. And I'n not pregnant. Weird camera.

Hugs.