Monday, December 10, 2007

Welcome- Day 25


I just wanted to set this up since everyone is so far away and it will give me a chance to have to only post things once now that time is tighter than before. Isabella is getting bigger and bigger...her chins are beginning to develop...as Michelle said on the phone, at least we know she is part North America...and we can now see which part that is! (the photo on the left was taken today...day 25)

Question: Are babies long or tall? They spend most of their lives lying down...and when a baby is born, they tell us how long it is...but they are people...and people are tall...not long. Anyway, just my thought for the day...hey, I didn't say that it was a good one! We will have another midwife check-up tomorrow so we should have an updated weight and height/length. Last time we were there, she was 3cm longer/taller than her birth length/height (someone is really going to have to answer that question...as it takes too much time to write both!!!). I have a feeling that her weight will be way up...as we have at least a few chins to weigh in.

No one has bothered with me...I guess once you have a baby, that is it...they don't care anymore. I could be rotting from the inside and no one would know. I have a feeling that all the attention I got when I was pregnant from the medical community was just them wanting something else!! I guess that I am chopped liver now that Isabella is out causing havoc!

Anyway, enough for today...Take care all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with a few chins! I was like the Michelin man until I was about 1 and that hasn't endured into twenty-something-hood, so it's not a problem!

She's looking lovely and I will hopefully post your Christmas presents tomorrow...I'll really try!

Take care

Catherine xx

Anonymous said...

Pam she really is adorable...you know as far as babies go. I think "tall" is a good way to describe her now. She has graduated from "stubby " to really-short-personhood.
Christmas presents will be late....as always...but I promise it will be worth it.

Love Andrea

Ruth Tamsett said...

She is lovely I dont see any chins! I like the fact that she is insisting on sleeping where she wants to sleep! She has her own mind keep it up Isabella show your mum what you can do!

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Wow, ihana pieni tyttönen Isabella Rose.

And so lucky to get you two as parents :) + such a nice blog.

Hugs and softhugs little pink Isabella. Your name is so wisely chosen - or how does it sound in Japan. Here in Finland it rules.

Hope to meet you soon!

jaana & siiri & leo

June said...

Long / tall, don't think she had much choice on that one given her parents are vertically unchallenged.

She is gorgeous & I'm looking forward to visiting in 2008.

Auntie June xx