Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Our first bus ride


So today we took a bus to Helsinki to meet up with a friend of mine, Janina. The great thing here about the bus is that if you have a stroller, then you get to ride for free. So for the next few years, as long as I have Isabella with me, it is free to go on public transit! Not a bad deal at all!

As you can see with the photo, Isabella was totally overwhelmed by her first bus ride. I am sure that everyone thought that I was a total freak for taking a photo on the bus. Oh well, just one more reason...

A few days ago, it was soooo funny, Isabella has a habit of smacking her lips together when the bottle is taken from her mouth...making it sound like she really enjoyed her meal...but the other day, she had fallen asleep while eating and so I took the bottle out and she smacked her lips...but because she was sleeping, she managed to scare herself! It was so funny! Her arms and legs stretch out and go stiff and her eyes flew open...hilarious. A similar thing happened at the midwife yesterday. I to a rattling toy out of the midwife's box of toys on the table that Isabella was lying on and she obviously wasn't expecting it to make a noise (we don't have any noisy toys in the house :-) and when I shook the rattle, it scared the crap out of her! I burst out laughing and both the midwife and Taneli who were sitting at the desk looked at me funny.

Ooooh, the fun we have. Well, I guess that it beats proof-reading brochures!

Thanks for all your comments...keep 'em coming! Love to hear from you guys...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouh :)) such a funny columns and accidents. keeps my spirit up under the heavy clouds of an articlewriting.

Isabella - show them your tricks and treats... they will surprise how great Rose you are.

Did I saw you at Sello yesterday at 1 pm? I was rushing to an opposite direction.. or is this blog making me see Isabella after every corner?

jaana

Pamela Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It is great to hear from you so much! I am glad that you are enjoying it. You and Siiri can come over whenever. We are home most of the time. going out is almost like a military operation but I am sure you know that! Just call!

The three of us were in Sello on Sunday. That is the only time we have been there since I came back to Finland.

Anonymous said...

ouh, terrible mistakes in our texts. sorry Isabella. Somebody has treated your writings - remoaved. How could I do that to our previous comments - mean corrections?

If you were not in Sello then, it must be this blog that's making me imagine Isabella & Pam (I don't dream about meeting my dear little cousin :) rushing around in malls. But it would be nice to see you 3 alltogether, yes.

Do you IR like water, taking bath?

jaana & fam