Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summer Holidays- a.k.a July 2009

We're all going on a summer holiday...well it was short but it was summer and we were on holiday! So many things other than our holiday has happened this month. We went and bought Isabella a new highchair since she outgrew her other one! While we were at the store talking to the assistant, Isabella found herself a nice seat on the Baby Bjorn display seat. Once we were at home, I put it together...I always put the things together...this is one of those seats that can be taken apart and re-ordered to grow with the child. You can move the seat and foor rest up and down as the child needs. You can also remove the top barrier so that it can be used as a regular chair for them when they get big enough- very versitile!




It seems that Isabella is happy she has reached her goal weight. Whatever that is...maybe 12.5kg. She has done that with the repeated help of her father who is her ice cream supplier.













As you can see her hair is getting longer and longer. I have cut her bangs/fringe twice now and it really needs doing again but it isn't the easiest thing to do. I have been thinking that we will wait for my mom to get here to do it but the situation is getting serious! You can see a little of the desperation in the shot of Isabella in bed. This is how she woke up a couple of weeks ago. She was so cute that I just had to take a photo...but you can see what I mean about the hair!!

The rest of the photos come from our holiday. What you can't see from the relaxing tent photos is all the hard work that went into actually getting that tent up! Well it wasn't the tent that was difficult, it was trying to chase Isabella around and keep her out of the lake you can see in the other photos while we put it up!










Eventually we did take her down to the little lake and let her play in the water. She loves the water. One photo I didn't take was the one of the wasp sting she got while I was putting on her bathing suit. Poor girl! She had big crocodile tears but luckily they didn't last long and you can see that we got the suit on and she was fine. You can see from these photos that she is planning on becoming a swimsuit model! :-)


































We went to a restaurant in Kuopio (where one of Taneli's grandmothers lives) and we ordered Bella a meal from the kids menu...we got a whole lot more than we bargained for and Taneli got to eat most of it! She also had lots of fun with the straws...



The day before we arrived in Kuopio Taneli's 85 year old grandma fell and broke her hip and was in hospital while we were there (and will be for some time now). So we went to visit her but she was still in a lot of pain from the surgery the day before and a post-surgety ward is not really the place for and energy-filled toddler.

And finally, these last two photos were taken two nights ago. I went to go see the new Harry Potter movie at the theatre and Taneli stayed home with Isabella. He sent this photo to my phone while I was there with a message attached that said "I was doing laundry and when I came to the living room I saw her enjoying chocolate. She had found the bag in the hallway." Here is the very relaxed "I'm doing nothing wrong...just sitting here watching Dora" photo of Bella and a photo of the bag and the smoking gun wrapper! Sneaky girl!!

No comments: