

I never thought that planning a first birthday party would be that difficult. I never thought preparing for a first birthday party would be so much hard work...but it was! I figured out that it is the same amount of work as any other party you would have at your house...only through sheer hard work! I spent some days during the week cleaning up little areas here and there and then Friday there was a real push to get stuff clean as Grandma was coming and we had to pick her up from the airport at 3pm. Then the two of us did some preparing for the party the next day...then Saturday came and there were a million things to do! My goodness, next year it will be a potluck! A lot of effort went into this but it was worth it since everyone had a good time and Isabella got to visit with many Aunties, a couple of Uncles and all her cousins. It was a full house and at times you couldn't hear yourself think but it was nice to have so many people together.
But first we had to get the party hat on her...that was fun. But in great motherly fashion I was able to distract her with another hat while putting one on her head. Then she forgot it was there. When the cake came out, she managed to get her fingers in it first...but I guess that it was her cake!
We sang Happy Birthday in English (at my request) which was nice since I have no idea what it is in Finnish. I guess that we could have sung it in both had anyone had the mind to suggest that. The sparkler, once we got it lit, was mesmerising. The rest of the time was spent catching up and playing. It was good that so many of Taneli's siblings could make it...there were 6 Lallukkas all tolled. And as I mentioned before, all the cousins were together.
In the evening we were able to relax and enjoy a bit of fun. Grandma and Isabella had a great game of tickle as you can see from the photo!
No comments:
Post a Comment