Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Another month goes by


So another month and another visit to the midwife. Isabella just keeps getting bigger and bigger...although, I guess that is the point with babies. It really wouldn't do for them to regress or to stay so little. She is now 7.37kg (16lbs 4 oz) and a whopping 4cm (1.5inches) more than last month- 65.5cm (25 3/4inches). No wonder none of her clothes fit!!! She was showing off her new skill of rolling over for the midwife. She showed that she could do it either way, left or right. Little show off. That is when the midwife got out the needle and showed her who was boss...well, not really, she had her second lot of vaccinations today. I was unable to stop the tears as I had done last time...I think that she is wiseing up to this needle lark after the first round of vaccinations and her recent blood test. No fooling her anymore.

The two of us are preparing for our trip to Canada- half packed...still lots of laundry to do. There is so much to take since we will be there for a whole month. I am looking forward to introducing her to so many new people. Some of them will even be willing to babysit!!! Can't wait for that.

About the photos...I just thought that I would add a couple of pics since we haven't had any in the last couple of posts. She isn't as huge as she looks in the second photo- she is wearing one of her more bulky re-usable diapers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isabella pikkuinen,

you r a Traveller! Can't imagine all the trips you will do in your life.

... but come back, we miss u. Today I took a bath with Pam's lavender 'heart' - so great.

Sunny and great here. jaana